02 June 2009

Cashback.

I believe one reviewer described it as aesthetic porn, and if I had not read the description, I would have thought it was something along those lines just by looking at the cover. So there is plenty of nudity and "suggestive" content, but I wouldn't label any of it outright pornographic. It's a mix of sci-fi, romance, comedy, and indie -- which seems to be quite a MIX -- but it's all actually very balanced. And if there is anything at all displeasing about the movie, the visual direction more than makes up for any flaws. The stills are so beautiful! I'm thinking of going through the movie again and freeze-framing my favorite scenes and sketching or painting them since I can't seems to find very many stills online.

And Sean Biggerstaff (a.k.a. Oliver Wood from the Harry Potter movies) is quite cute. I find it interesting that two actors from the Potter movies who weren't that famous as Oliver Wood and Cedric Diggory are now making it big (Rob Pattison more than Sean Biggerstaff, as it seems) on their own, away from the shadow of Dan Radcliffe. However, I do applaud Biggerstaff more than Pattison because Pattison has been sucked into yet another cult series whereas Biggerstaff is working on more independent projects.

No comments: