It's Orchesis time again! In trying to keep this semester's poster design graphically related to the last, I used a parchment-colored background and collage. I don't think this poster is as successful as metamOrchesis, though; I find it kind of boring — probably for the lack of color. I did, however, learn something cool while designing it: I now know how to turn a JPEG image into a swatch! But considering that the new swatch kept making Illustrator crash every time I tried to flatten transparency, I can't decide if it was that useful of a trick to discover. Oh, yes, and to cite the design inspiration: I based the drawing of our warrior / dancer on a statue of Blind Justice that I found via Google Search because, you know, Love is blind, too.
Once again, if you're in New York City, you absolutely MUST come to the show! For the first [and last] time, I am in one of the interludes, dancing to the Benatar classic "Love is a Battlefield." I've always wanted to be in an interlude, and this is my last performance with Orchesis! It's going to be bittersweet. I wonder if I can masquerade as an undergrad next year just so I can keep dancing with all the beautiful people in this dance troupe... super senior status, here I come!
[detail of poster]
[tshirt graphic]




No comments:
Post a Comment