17 July 2011

good eats.

Lunch/Dinner Edition

Pasta is probably the most versatile, low-budget ingredient a college student can have in the kitchen. Not only is there a plethora of pasta recipes available online, you can probably toss in just about anything in with your pasta to make it a meal. My favorite type of pasta is fusilli; it's aesthetically pleasing and fills you up nicely! These set of photos show solutions to the no sauce problem (the second was more successful than the first). Perhaps I am the only one who thinks pasta is good even without sauce... but too much plain pasta just makes you feel awful by the end of it.

1. Pasta fusilli with tomato - carrot - olive "sauce" seasoned with oregano, salt&pepper in tuscan-seasoned olive oil I found in the kitchen (I had a jar of marinara that wouldn't open so I had to improvise), garnished with chives. I boiled the carrots in the same water that I used to boil the pasta to make them soft, then pan-fried them along with the tomatoes and olives in a pan. It would have been better if I did have some actual sauce...

2. Pasta fusilli seasoned with oregano, salt&pepper and lemon juice in olive oil with avocado, tomato and mozzarella cheese on the side.

No comments: