I just read this article on the [male] architect's uniform. It's a shame most architects cannot write to save their lives, though. I understand that the article is a blog post and whatnot, but please! -- commas and periods cannot be placed willy nilly wherever one feels like it as they disrupt the flow of the sentences and paragraphs (though I do not claim to use punctuation appropriately all the time considering I love em dashes and semi-colons all too much). Also, typing in all capital letters is not appropriate for any writing that spans longer than three lines, let alone an entire page of text. But, I digress.
It is very interesting to read accounts of how significant a role fashion plays in our personal and professional lives, in our ability to be successful. What a person wears is not solely about portraying a certain 'look' or being up-to-date with the latest trends; fashion is not shallow, but rather an indicator of a person's ambition, professionalism, maturity, and the ability to meet or exceed expectations. I suppose it does not factor as much into the lives of college students -- but then again, don't forget to dress to success for your job and internship interviews!
11 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like this post sev. And I apologize for my horrible grammar HAHAHA.
Ahaha no worries, Di! It's just that I was almost an English major. And the readings for my architecture lecture class were painful to go through -- seriously.
Post a Comment