06 July 2009

Kinesio Tape

Remember seeing all those athletes in the 2008 Beijing Olympics and wondering what the heck that tape was? It's Kinesio tape! And my physical therapist has been using it on my foot for weeks now and I JUST realized what exactly it was. I'm thinking of buying a role for myself to use in the future (because after spending many hours watching gymnastics and acrobatics and the show Make It or Break It, I've decided I want to start training/exercising more intensely -- I'm so out of shape!) and also for my aunt's elbow/arm area; it's been in pain for quite some time now and I really think this tape will help because it's helped me. I could barely walk when I first started therapy but with the added help of this tape, I even managed to walk a few solid steps on my toes today! So take THAT Dr. Charlton, orthopedic surgeon extraordinaire, you WON'T be putting me under the knife (to explain, he had said if I couldn't walk on my toes by the beginning of August we would have to consider surgery -- what a load of crap. Surgery for minor fractures?).

No comments: