07 July 2009

Architectural Heels

Di's new shoes led me to these... Architectural [and other crazy] heels: interesting to look at but mostly impossible to wear unless it's to a gala or soiree, etcetera. Artistic and beautiful, but not always practical. As a side note, though, I probably would wear these shoes if I weren't a college student -- I would have to have places to go in them or be at a level of sophistication and social class (a la Sex and the City) in which case I wouldn't need a specific reason to wear them: I just could.1. Alexander McQueen 2. Dior 3. Fendi 4. Jill Sanders 5. Marc Jacobs 6. Michael Kors
7 - 10. Miu Miu 11. Nicholas Kirkwood 12. Omelle 13. Pedro Garcia 14 - 15. Prada
16. Proenza Schouler


So I know that there is a lot of fashion that is architecture-inspired but has it never been done the other way around? I googled 'architecture inspired by fashion' and all the results were 'architecture-inspired fashion.' I remember reading in one of the articles for my Perceptions of Architecture class that architectural design is supposed to represent the human body -- or evoke humanness, compliment the human body, something along those lines -- so why hasn't anyone tried it yet? Perhaps I have discovered the central theme for my architectural studies/designs...

P.S. I really cannot wait to go back to school and start my future and put all the ideas I have gotten from this summer to use! I'm just wasting my time in California.

1 comment:

Amy + Dianne said...

agreed. fashion and architecture go hand in hand. you should read surface mag, you might like.

http://jakandjil.com/blog/?p=2392

i returned my shoes though
:-D

love-di