20 June 2010

eat well, be well.

As a high school senior, I remember Mr. Levering, my AP Economics teacher, painting a very abysmal picture of college living. He insisted that we would be living on instant ramen and our best investment would be a coffee machine because we needed to save all that money we would be spending on Starbucks for travel. I have yet to touch a Cup-O-Noodle and my best investment has been No-Doz. And real food. (Since I pay for almost everything else, I get to milk the parental units for travel expenses.) If you get a group of people to chip in and take turns cooking, you can eat well. Very well.
First Fajita Friday.Chocolate dipped strawberries.Grilled salmon on spinach.Armenian food -- Ötja, jahjekh, pilaf, and grilled steak.Hamburgers in Morningside Park.Filipino food.

1 comment:

Amy + Dianne said...

Agree.

I eat so well in College. too well. need to stop eating.

miss you sev.
shoot me an email when you get back :-)


love-di