12 November 2009

wasara, eco-friendly eating

Sustainable design, sustainable eating.

I have never seen paper tableware so beautifully crafted in my life. Made of reed pulp, bamboo, and bagasse (sugarcane waste), WASARA's line of one-time use paper products is designed to minimize the environmental burden yet preserves the legacy of the Japanese aesthetic and creative tradition. The design is based on traditional Japanese architecture and manufacturing; their technique of shakkei "interprets the landscape seen through a window as a part of the interior. It represents our spirit of living in harmony with nature. [...] The resulting crisp atmosphere, a source of refreshment and comfort, has been integrated into people's lives. The simpler the form, the more accuracy is required in crafting techniques." Their products manifest such spirit, artifice, and aesthetic.


So, a request: I need someone who reads Japanese. I want to buy this! -- and the online store is only in Japanese and all the prices are in Yen.

2 comments:

Jules said...

SOooo cool Sevan, I want to use these at my next party... which you should come to.

Shells said...

hey sevan! its shelly!
i love these paper tableware
amazing serio